cheap walnut chest of drawers – Drawers are fantastic for hiding all kinds of stuff, often within an unidentifiable mess. On the other hand… maybe that’s not really great. Hmmm, here is a notion. How about a drawer organizer? Or two, or three?
The majority of us have a silverware planner in our kitchen. Without it, all of the forks, knives, and spoons are a tangled mess, and placing the table would be a real chore. But we often don’t think of all the different areas of our house where a drawer organizer could create order out of chaos.
Here are a few suggestions for your bedroom dividers:
- The Perfect Sense Drawer Organizer is a ingenious contraption created from criss-crossed pieces of rigid plastic to form 24 diagonal pockets which are sized perfectly for socks, ties, underwear, and other tiny items.
- Linus has several models of clear plastic bins for a variety of functions. The 12″x5″ bins are fantastic for accessories such as scarves and handkerchiefs; 12″x9″ bins are fantastic for sweaters.
And for your toilet, Stax has a modular system of trays for coordinating your makeup as well as other toilet supplies.
For your den or office, how about a “junk” organizer for your table drawers? Made Smart makes a 5-compartment organizer that has icons in each compartment to inform you what goes there. So you’ll always know where to put your paper clips, rubber bands, staples, and other office requirements.
And in the kitchen, there’s no limit to the applications for drawer organizers. In addition to the standard silverware organizer, the Expand-a-Drawer lineup has spice organizers, in addition to cutlery and usefulness trays.
A few tips for working with a drawer organizer:
- Make sure you know how big the drawer and get an organizer that matches.
- Take everything out of the jar and clean it out using a spray cleaner or hot water and detergent.
- Before you restock the drawer, undergo the items which you’ve taken out and declutter by throwing out or recycling items you no longer use.
- Take the opportunity to move items that don’t belong in this drawer for their appropriate home.
If you follow the above steps using each drawer in your house, pretty soon you’ll be so organized you will not know what to do with your free time!