key board drawer – Drawers are great for hiding all sorts of stuff, frequently within an unidentifiable mess. On the other hand… perhaps that is not so great. Hmmm, here is a thought. How about a drawer organizer? Or two, or even three?
The majority of us have a silverware organizer in our kitchen. Without it, all the forks, knives, and spoons would be a tangled mess, and setting the table could be a real chore. But we often don’t believe of all the different areas of our house where a drawer organizer could make order out of chaos.
Here are a few ideas for your bedroom drawers:
- The Perfect Sense Drawer Organizer is an ingenious contraption created from criss-crossed pieces of rigid plastic to form 24 diagonal pockets which are sized perfectly for ties, socks, underwear, and other tiny products.
- Linus has several models of clear plastic bins for a variety of functions. The 12″x5″ bins are great for accessories like scarves and handkerchiefs; 12″x9″ bins are fantastic for sweaters.
And for the toilet, Stax includes a modular system of trays for organizing your own makeup and other toilet supplies.
For the office or den, how about a “junk” organizer for your table drawers? Made Smart creates a 5-compartment organizer that offers icons in each compartment to inform you what goes there. So you will always know where to set your paper clips, rubber bands, staples, and other office requirements.
In addition to the typical silverware organizer, the Expand-a-Drawer line has spice organizers, in addition to cutlery and usefulness trays.
- Make sure you understand the size of the drawer and get an organizer that fits.
- Take everything out of the drawer and clean it out using a spray cleaner or hot water and detergent.
- Before you restock the drawer, undergo the things you’ve removed and declutter by throwing away or recycling things you no longer use.
- Take the opportunity to move things which don’t belong in this drawer to their appropriate home.
If you follow the above steps using every drawer in your home, pretty soon you are going to be so organized you will not understand what to do with your free time!