single wall oven with warming drawer – Drawers are great for hiding all sorts of stuff, often within an unidentifiable mess. On the other hand… perhaps that is not so great. Hmmm, here is a notion. How about a drawer organizer? Or two or three?
Most of us have a silverware organizer in our kitchen. Without it, all the forks, knives, and spoons are a tangled mess, and setting the table could be a real chore. However, we often don’t think of all the other regions of our home in which a drawer organizer could create order from chaos.
Here are a few ideas for your bedroom drawers:
- The Perfect Sense Drawer Organizer is an innovative contraption made from criss-crossed pieces of rigid plastic to form 24 diagonal pockets which are sized perfectly for socks, ties, underwear, and other small products.
- Linus has many versions of plastic bins for various functions.
And for the bathroom, Stax includes a modular system of trays for organizing your cosmetics as well as other bathroom supplies.
For the den or office, how about a “crap” organizer to your desk drawers? Made Smart creates a 5-compartment organizer which even has icons in each compartment to inform you what belongs there.
Along with the typical silverware organizer, the Expand-a-Drawer line has spice organizers, in addition to cutlery and utility trays.
A few tips for working with a drawer organizer:
- Make sure you understand the size of the drawer and get an organizer that matches.
- Take everything from the drawer and wash it out using a spray cleaner or warm water and detergent.
- Before you restock the drawer, go through the items which you’ve removed and declutter by throwing out or recycling items you no longer use.
- Take the chance to move things which don’t belong in this drawer for their appropriate home.
Should you follow the above steps using each drawer in your house, pretty soon you’ll be so organized you will not understand what to do with all your free time!