wooden box with drawers from ikea – Drawers are great for hiding all sorts of stuff, often in an unidentifiable mess. On the other hand… perhaps that is not really great. Hmmm, here is a thought. How about a drawer organizer? Or two, or three?
The majority of us possess a silverware planner in our kitchen. Without it, all the forks, knives, and spoons are a tangled mess, and placing the table could be a real chore. But we often don’t believe of all the different areas of our home in which a drawer organizer could create order from chaos.
Listed below are a few ideas for your bedroom drawers:
- The Perfect Sense Drawer Organizer is an innovative contraption made from criss-crossed pieces of rigid plastic to make 24 diagonal pockets which are sized perfectly for ties, socks, underwear, and other small items.
- Linus has several models of clear plastic bins for various functions.
And for the toilet, Stax has a modular method of trays for coordinating your cosmetics and other toilet supplies.
For your den or office, how about a “crap” organizer for your table drawers? Made Smart creates a 5-compartment organizer which has icons in each compartment to tell you exactly what belongs there. That means you’ll always know where to put your paper clips, rubber bands, staples, and other office requirements.
And in the kitchen, there’s no limit to the applications for drawer organizers. In addition to the typical silverware organizer, the Expand-a-Drawer lineup has spice organizers, as well as cutlery and utility trays.
A few hints for working with a drawer organizer:
- Make sure you know the size of the drawer and receive an organizer that matches.
- Take everything from the drawer and wash it out using a spray cleaner or warm water and detergent.
- Before you restock the drawer, go through the items you’ve taken out and declutter by throwing out or recycling items you no longer use.
- Take the opportunity to move items that don’t belong to this drawer for their appropriate home.
If you follow the above steps using every drawer in your home, pretty soon you’ll be so organized you won’t know exactly what to do with your spare time!
Originally posted 2017-05-18 15:24:27.